Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Doorway puppet theater- Tutorial


I am finally getting around to posting the tutorial for the Doorway Puppet Theater I made a few months ago. It really is pretty simple and can be changed easily to fit the child it is going to.
*So to start you will need a large piece of fabric or a curtain that's at least half an inch wider than your door frame, and cut out an opening for the "stage" (for mine I measured about 18 by 16 inches). And I just used up some old fabric.
*Next, to make the stage's "curtains," I grabbed a contrasting fabric that I had on hand and cut out a square that's slightly larger than the opening. Snip that square in half, then pin both pieces to the back of the opening at the top.
*The one I saw had these super cute triangles so I decided to do the same but it is optional. I cut triangles from all of the fabric scraps and also added a few more fabrics and pinned them to the front of the opening at the top.
* Pin two 12-inch ribbon "tiebacks" to each side of the opening's front.
* Next frame the stage- and then I sewed the curtains, triangles, and tiebacks in place — by stitching a thick ribbon around the opening.
* Sew a loop of ribbon onto the curtain's top corners, then hang from nails (I used tac nails) on the door frame. If you don't want to use nails I think it would also be cute if you made it a tab top and put a shower curtain rod, or the smaller ones that go in closets, through the tabs.
And your done!! A fun gift idea for little to no cost!

1 comments:

peggy

so cute!!!!i love it!!would you like to follow my blog??

Post a Comment